Monday, July 31, 2006

Flooded Desert???

So Last week was spent in Tucson Arizona for my Grandma's inurnment. (like a funeral only with an Urn and ashes instead of a body in the ground.) The ceremony was nice.

The rest of my time there was relaxing and just good to be with my family.

Then came Saturday when I was supposed to leave. It pored all night long (and all morning for that matter). So much so that part of my parents newly landscaped yard was washed away. Their neighbors yards were washed away as well. AND one wall in the house had to be torn out because water was running down inside it. Really sad cuz the house is brand new.

Then when it was time for me to go to the airport we didnt think i was going to make it because half of the roads in Tucson were closed due to flooding. Does anyone else find it odd that the desert flooded?? i mean seriously here folks what the heck? "i got stuck in the desert cuz there was too much water" sounds a little odd.

haha well the end of the story is my parents friends stopped by with a big SUV that could get through some of the less flooded areas so they got me to the airport.

:)

No comments: