Monday, September 22, 2008

Update and room picts!

On a much more upbeat note than the last post...

Last Wednesday I moved to Colorado Springs. In case you missed my last newsletter (read it here http://www.ministryupdates.org/layton ) I returned from Serbia this summer sensing a new or redirected call on my life. Moving away from serving Christ through technology and towards direct ministry with college students.

When I told my leaders in Crusade what it seemed God was doing in my life they were excited and quickly reassigned me to the Southern Colorado team (pending completion of the new phone system). [Hence some of the angst I describe in the previous post].

Well with the phone system up to speed I was able to report to my new assignment which is based out of Colorado Springs but covers all of the campus's in Southern Colorado. The main school I will be focused on is UCCS but I'll be spending time on a number of other campus's which you will probably hear about in coming months.

Ok now onto the fun stuff - my new room. Oddly enough I started praying for my fall living situation last January when my life just started to hint at being crazy. Up until about 2 weeks before I moved I had no idea where I would live. Then God provided this neat place.

Its a room in a basement of a Christian couples house. At first that doesn't seem neat at all BUT its got big sliding glass doors so it isn't dark at all. The walls are all wood paneling. The room itself is stinking huge (I measured it to around 16X20). I fit all my furniture plus a couch and there's still a ton of room! But it gets better - it has a fireplace and built in bookshelves. I even setup a little tea nook which if you know how much I love tea you'll know I'm in heaven right now.

Ok so now for what you've been waiting for - pictures!


Fireplace!!!
Tea Nook. I tried for a closer shot of this but they all turned out blurry. But you can see I can make tea and sit on the couch and read without leaving my room. And I do every morning!

I cant wait for winter and having a fire while it snows out. Perfection!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Enjoy!