Thursday, August 18, 2005

More Goodbyes

Im begining to discover that its sometimes hard to hold onto friends working at the headquarters of a major missionary organization... everyone's always going out to save the world.

This summer a number of good friends have moved away. Tonight there is a little shindig scheduled as a send off to two more friends who are leaving Orlando to chase the vision God has given them.

There is a little bit of sadness to see more friends leave but they leave for the same reason that I came here. I recall the eager anticipation I had when I moved out here. Not an eagerness to leave home, but a great excitement to see what God might do with my life if I would only trust him with it. How can I begrudge others that same experience??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good perspective on the reasons for coming and going.

i'm leaving too, but just Lake Hart! somebody's gotta defend orlando from the likes of californians.