Monday, October 17, 2005

Georgia in Fall

Well I cant seem to stay put these days. Last week I worked extra hours so I could take off early on friday and head to Georgia for the weekend.

And it was a great time. I got to go to the Gold Rush Festival in Dahlonaga Georgia Saturday. That was fun. Felt like i went back in time 100 years. But with 200,000 people there (the estimate in the paper) it didnt feel very quaint like i was expecting.

Then we headed down to Atlanta and visited my sister for the rest of the weekend. She took us to this super neat Coffee shop that had live music. This couple was playing music... blue grass/folksy stuff. The lady had a upright Bass and the guy played either the banjo or the guitar depending on the song.

Well my biggest hope in going was to see some brightly colored fall leaves. but i was vastly disappointed. The leaves were falling but they were just brown. Some locals told me it was the weirdest thing this year. The trees were still green but leaves were turning brown and falling off. No bright colors. :-( maybe next year.

No comments: