Friday, October 21, 2005

The Passing of Lee Ann Mayr

I learned yesterday morning that Lee Ann died the day before. While you may not know who she was if you know me then you have atleast seen a little of her because she influenced my life quite a bit.

Lee Ann was our next door neighbor for the first 15 years of my life. Then she and her husband moved away and I only saw them two or 3 times in the following 10 years.

I have a myriad of fond memories of Lee Ann. I think the biggest thing she taught me was how rich life is. I'd walk into her house as a kid and there would always be such wonderful smells of food cooking. She'd paint for the sheer joy of painting. All my memories of her are permeated with this sense of... hmm... artistic rich realness.

She is missed. But missed with that sense of 'I cant wait to see her again'. Heaven will be such a wonderful place of reunions.

1 comment:

AZ gal said...

Do you mind if I read this at the memorial service?