Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Train to Venice

Monday morning I caught the train from Florence to Venice.

My seat was surrounded by a Japanese tour group. For the first half of the 2 hour trip I just watched the beautiful Tuscan country side roll by listening to everyone around me speak a forign language.

Then came the ice breaking event... one of the girls spilled her package of m&m's and all the Japanese and I started laughing. Esp. when the mom crawled under all the tables on the train picking up stray m&m's.

Shortly after that the same girl offered me a piece of gum. I'm not sure if it was the brand or the flavor the the name on the gum was "Kissing Mint". I politely took a piece and tried not to die of laughter again.

After that the girl and her mother began trying to communicate with me. Their english was extremely limited and my japanese is non-existant. But it was a fun way to pass the time.

No comments: