Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Venice for a day

So I'm sad to say you wont be getting any photos of my trip to Venice on the blog right now. I checked my bags into storage at the train station and left. Once I was crossing a bridge and ready to take a picture i realized the camera was in my bag. I *did* buy a disposable camera and took a lot of pictures - just not digital ones.

The rest of the day I wandered Venice and felt my blisters at every step. Definately my favorite part of the day was when i took the water bus out to the island of Murano. (Thanks Karin for that tip). Murano is famous for their glass making. Its also MUCH less packed with tourists than Venice proper. it was wonderful to just stand and watch the men blowing glass and making various objects.

For dinner i decided to try something new so i ordered gnocci with 4 cheese sauce. I couldnt even finish it it was so bad. The only disappointing meal i had the whole time in Italy.

I think the day would have been MUCH better if my feet had not hurt so bad. All in all though I think I wish I had just stayed in Florence another half day and only spent 2 hours in Venice instead of 9 hours. Definately convinced me how much better it is when you know someone living in the town your visiting. (thanks again Kelly!!!)

No comments: